Thursday, September 17, 2009

Since Micah and Andrea requested... here is the card Brenan so skillfully crafted for me. He used the stamp set and paper scraps that were already sitting on the craft desk (so he claims..) to make this stunning card. Pretty good eh?? The little chubbiness and me.. note the flowers, Andrea. They are so beautiful and they're still going strong almost a week later!

Ok, it's true. I admit. I love funfetti cake. I probably should grow up a little and prefer more sophisticated desserts like Ambrosia Chocolate Torte or Chocolate Almond Decadence Cake (ok I just googled "fancy desserts" to find some.. um they look divine though). Anyway, back to funfetti... it really is delicious although perhaps a bit juvenile, and the sprinkle icing makes me happy! Thanks to Aunt Pat for supplying the 2 sparklers c/o Grandma Klain's b-day bash in June. We only lit two, after remembering that 18 sparklers for Dallin's birthday set off the smoke alarms at the Leavitt's. We all just sat around watching Andrea wave her arms to make it stop beeping.. sorry we didn't jump up to help you sooner, Andrea. Ha.

The Bolyards got a hold of our camera -- found some nice surprises on it today! Love these two :)

Such a big boy! oh, and McKay is too! Ha, our good friend Darren Mann. I think Brenan and him met in a line at BYU. That's where Brenan meets most of his best friends these days.
I'm thinking of opening my own franchise of Color-Me-Mine, where you paint ceramics to your liking, just so I could paint whenever I want. It was SO MUCH FUN and McKay did great the whole time we were there.. this is the finished product.

So our new favorite thing to do around the Klain home is poke McKay's head out of random places and see when the other person notices him. This is McKay peeking at me from the staircase.
McKay is always so excited when Daddy gets home - he likes to watching him drive up and park. This is Brenan's welcome home face.
Love you, Dad!

12 comments:

Alan Klain said...

We (Grayden and Me) loved loved looking at these pictures and Grayden loves the Great
White Warrior Pic. Our fav McKay picture is poking his head over the fence. He looks so serious as if he is in on the joke. Take some pics of your new place. I am trying to see in in the background.
Patti

Carrie said...

Haha! I love McKay's faces poking up everywhere, so funny!!! And Beth, don't even say you have any chubbiness left. You look amazing!

Carrie said...

haha okay, I am an idiot. I just reread your caption again and realized that you were calling McKay chubby. Not yourself. I guess I'm okay with that then ;)

the fellers said...

I LOVE that you googled those desserts, cause i was thinking, "how does she know all those??"! ha! you are hilarious, he did pretty good with that card! I love the random head poking from McKay! You guys are such a cute little family

Micah said...

Love the random game. It is so classic of you guys to come up with that!!! McKay is so good at the game too hey? By the way thanks for the shot of the handmade card. I believe it now!! Great Job Brenan

MStevenson said...

Thanks for inviting me to your blog! Ha! I'm laughing, that made my night, I love McKay's head poking out everywhere. You should keep that going. He's such a cute boy!

Audrey Henderson said...

so proud of your blogging on top-ness, very impressed. I really like this game you and brenan came up with, probably will steal it with my own kids

Annalee said...

happy birthday! I am so sad I missed it. Hope you had a great day. You had such a cute family. And, you know what is so funny.... James and I do the same thing with the head poking out in random places.

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious. Tyler is laughing out loud right now! Beth you always make me so happy and that is why you are so easy to love so much. Your place looks beautiful. I miss you all so much and want to drive out to Utah right now, just so I can hang out with you. I love you.
Juliana, Tyler, Addy + Mckenzie

torri said...

That is so funny how you poke McKay's face to see when the other will notice, I love it!

Andrea said...

Nice card brenan!!! I love the plate you made Beth! How did you do the design on it? Give McKay a big kiss and hug for me! I miss him!!!

Mallory said...

BETH!!! HAHA I love your blog SOOOooo much! Love all your writing--True journal: totally! I was busting a gut laughing at all the pics of Mckay doing his random poke-outs... On my mom's camera she got those hilarious ones of him coming out of the pantry... I love you and Brenan. Seriously Kam and I were just talking about you two last night...and all of the time. You're SUCH an awesome couple! Love you guys waaaay Toooo much <3 and your plate is gorgeous that you made!! You are so talented Beth! And beautiful...AND...AND... ; )