This week was a great week. I can't believe Brenan has finished 2 weeks of school already! He is loving his classes as he is taking a lot of electives - so they are the classes he is most interested in and wants to learn from. It was a hot week here in Provo - for September anyway. One day this week I took McKay out for a walk to stroll around our new neighborhood, you know, check out the scenery. There is a pretty significant hill just to the east of our townhouse and I decided to hike up it (the most strenuous activity I've done since I found out I was pregnant.. sad I know). So I get to the top of the hill pretty much breathless. It had been about 20 minutes that McKay had been in his car seat in the stroller by this time, which is about his limit. Sure enough he's screaming and I'm sure the whole neighborhood thinks I'm a bad mom now, so I pull him out and carry him. By now I'm headed back down the hill, McKay in one hand, hanging onto a run-away stroller in the other hand (steep hill). It's blazing hot and suddenly we get attacked by these nasty little aphids, like thousands of them. So I'm trying to shield McKay from the onslaught of bugs, keep the stroller from crashing down the hill, and sooth McKay so we don't attract more attention than I already was. Needless to say, I probably won't head back up that hill for a while.
Among other things, I had a fantastic birthday yesterday. Brenan made it extra special. On Friday night I went on a much needed shopping spree - which has never felt so good. This old body just ain't the same. I got a new outfit that Brenan helped me choose. He is quite the fashion consultant, surprisingly enough, although yesterday he tried wearing his black DC shirt with neon writing with his camo shorts. Yikes babe. But truly he has some serious steeze (aka style for anyone not well acquainted with Brenan's unique vocab). Anyway, back to the birthday - so yesterday I got to sleep in, woke up to Brenan handing me a homemade card he had just finished scrapbooking (if anyone is doubting Brenan's manliness, please! Real men know how to scrapbook cards for their wives) had visits from Meredith and Kelsey in the morning, which was a fabulous start to my day. I had beautiful flowers delivered to my door from the Leavitts and they look beautiful in my kitchen! Then Christy and Jackie stopped by and brought lunch for us, which was delish! Christy made an incredible salad which Brenan likes and says I can make again. Brenan is not a fan of pasta salads which I LOVE, so I never make them, but this coleslaw chicken salad is a winner. Fab. I just love Christy and Jackie, so glad I live so close to them. I have some incredible friends. Thanks to all my friends and family who took time to stop by or call or text. Love you all. We then watched the cougs kill Tulane and afterwards went to Color Me Mine and we painted a plate together. It was so fun and felt so good to be doing something artsy. McKay did so great the whole time and didn't fuss at all while we were there. Amazing. We stopped by Kneaders on the way home and picked up delicious sandwiches. To top the day off, McKay even gave me a present.. he slept from 1am - 6am!!!! Which means I got 5 straight hours of sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can live with that. It was a blessing from heaven. Brenan took him at 6 and I went back to sleep until 8. Sleep is a precious gift these days. Basically, yesterday rocked.
This week McKay has started growling, constantly. It is the cutest thing ever.. he growled all through Sunday school today which was a get-to-know-the-newbies-in-the-ward meeting. He is a precious boy and it's so fun to watch him grow and learn such important skills as growling.
Here's McKay getting an early start on sick tricks. Of course he is rocking one of his three pairs of skate shoes, in this case, Etnies from Auntie Andrea and Uncle Troy. Thanks guys!
7 comments:
looks like you had a GREAT birthday! He is so stinkin cute!
I'm so glad to know that you will be updating so often. I love reading your posts. They are so witty and thought out. Love your little family!
Loved seeing you guys!
Beth We love the pictures and love your version of your birthday. Its so fun to read your stories.McKay is growing and growling!!!I've read that growling babies are highly intelligent. Keep it up McKay!!
Mckay looks so great! You are an awesome mommy!
I love your posts Beth. I gobble up every word!! Cute pics of Mckay. I am glad you had a good birthday. I am dying to see the card Brenan made for you. You have got to post a picture of it!
yeah...I want to see the card Brenan made too!! I am glad you had a great birthday!! I love the skate board pics! I can't believe he can fit those shoes already!! Aren't they easy to put on though??!!
Post a Comment