Me: "We already have a tall Christmas tree."
McKay: "Oh, maybe we should get an enormous Christmas tree."
McKay: "Daddy, you're so dumpster." (trying to say gangster).
McKay: "So beautiful, Mom. So beautiful."
Me: "What's so beautiful?"
McKay: "You, huuuuuuu!"
Later that day, I'm undoing his buttons on his church shirt, and he says, "I just love your fingers, I just love you!"
Ev, putting on her pink snowboots (just for fun), totally unaware of anything else, says, "Peet out...... Daddy. Peet out.... Mommy." (Peet = Peace)
McKay:" Mom, I just buried my testimony."
Me: "Really? How'd you do it?"
McKay: "By making train tracks."
McKay ran into our room one morning and said, "Mommy and Daddy? I dreamed about treats." The next morning he said, "Daddy! I dreamed about fruit snacks!"
Email from McKay:
,kvnhnnbnxvbkvcesdfnmnm,mmv c ffrttffrfttgfgyvjbgbgbuujujhbh b
i love you
McKay: "So beautiful, Mom. So beautiful."
Me: "What's so beautiful?"
McKay: "You, huuuuuuu!"
Later that day, I'm undoing his buttons on his church shirt, and he says, "I just love your fingers, I just love you!"
Ev, putting on her pink snowboots (just for fun), totally unaware of anything else, says, "Peet out...... Daddy. Peet out.... Mommy." (Peet = Peace)
McKay:" Mom, I just buried my testimony."
Me: "Really? How'd you do it?"
McKay: "By making train tracks."
McKay ran into our room one morning and said, "Mommy and Daddy? I dreamed about treats." The next morning he said, "Daddy! I dreamed about fruit snacks!"
Email from McKay:
,kvnhnnbnxvbkvcesdfnmnm,mmv c ffrttffrfttgfgyvjbgbgbuujujhbh
i love you
McKay
Driving back from the Festival of Light in Spanish Fork, McKay randomly says, "I don't want toys for Christmas actually."
I respond, "What do you want?"
McKay, "Just paper."
Driving back from the Festival of Light in Spanish Fork, McKay randomly says, "I don't want toys for Christmas actually."
I respond, "What do you want?"
McKay, "Just paper."
McKay: "Daddy, here's the problem, if i put away the train tracks, i can't build them anymore."
Ev says Cosmo with an extra o. "Cosomo." Reminds me of Kosovo.
Ev says Cosmo with an extra o. "Cosomo." Reminds me of Kosovo.
Me: "McKay, you remember talking to Santa last night?"
McKay: "Ya! He's a good guy!"
Ev was helping me sweep the kitchen today (even moving chairs to get under the table, although not much was actually swept up). She had her little broom set, I had the big one. She said, "Deed dob, Mommy!" I finally clued in, she was saying, "Good job, mommy!"
Last night, driving home from the Riverwoods, Ev starts singing "Ring around the rosie" but it didn't sound quite right.. it was "Reen da tato" meaning "Ring the taco" which is what she's obviously picked up from Brenan's rendition, "Ring around the tacos, pocket full of tacos." What are our children's preschool teachers going to think when they show up singing classic songs about tacos?! Enough with the taco theme!
McKay walks up to Mommy's tummy and says, "Peetie Peetie wants to say something to me". He then listens intently and nods understandingly. Mommy asks, "What did he (or she) say?" and McKay responds, "He just said, when I pop out, I want to get one of those aprons at Home Depot because they're so cool."
Watching the First Presidency Christmas Devotional, President Eyering says something like, "Finding joy in giving" and McKay says, "Finding joy? Pshhh. We should just find some money."
Watching the nativity, McKay sees the camels and asks, "Are those camels? I just totally don't like camels."
McKay was scribbling on the white board in our kitchen one day in orange and black colors. He said, "Mom, this is just coming to Denver.. it's a creative storm.. a creative storm is coming."
Watching the First Presidency Christmas Devotional, President Eyering says something like, "Finding joy in giving" and McKay says, "Finding joy? Pshhh. We should just find some money."
Watching the nativity, McKay sees the camels and asks, "Are those camels? I just totally don't like camels."
McKay was scribbling on the white board in our kitchen one day in orange and black colors. He said, "Mom, this is just coming to Denver.. it's a creative storm.. a creative storm is coming."
After church one Sunday.. snapped these pics before we headed inside.
Ev is so motherly already. She loves to change her dolls/bears/cosmo's diapers.
Helping her dolly eat in the booster seat.
Trying on Daddy's shoes.
Wearing one of SHOSHO's jackets that she used to wear!
Brenan and McKay went to the Home Depot to make a cool frame together. McKay loved it.
He really does like his Home Depot apron a LOT.
Look closely - wearing Yagi's goochies.Pretty sure both of her legs are in one leg hole.
Sweet girl that has stolen our hearts!
The sun is hitting her hair, BUT LOOK AT THAT BLONDIE! Oh, and this is their favorite thing to do - rummage through the lazy susan and take their "sugar" as McKay calls it into the living room. Only once have I had to clean up spilled baking powder. I should probably just keep it clear of any oil whatsoever!
No comments:
Post a Comment