Thursday, September 13, 2012

my birthday

I wanted to document a lot of what happened on my b-day, not to boast about how great it was (although it was that), but because we did so much. 
Here are the cubchkins on the way to Powerhouse park right by the ocean. McKay calls it the 'train park' because the commuter train runs by it every half hour. 
 McKay loves playing in the sandbox at the park. 
 Ev loving the swing. She could stay in here for hours. Oh, and when I 'styled' her hair this way, McKay said, "Oh! She has a volcano on her head!"
 So relaxed..

 Came home from the park to this: Brenan had run across the street to Vons to grab me a DC and a flower. And he wrote a sweet note. What a great husband I have.
 Group hug!
 This is how I spent my afternoon: at 15th street beach in Del Mar, ALL BY MYSELF! Blissful.
 Just had to share the beach with my book and my DC. Who could ask for more? Brenan is the best.
 Came home and went for a swim in our complex's swimming pool.

 Got ready to head out to dinner. Of course Ev and I are matching, it's what girls do.
 Love this hooligan.
 And this hooligan, too. 
And the hooligan boy, too.  At dinner at Sammy's Firewood Pizza.
 At the splash pad at Del Mar Highlands after dinner. A little bit wet.

 Came home and put the kids to bed, then enjoyed brownie sundaes with Brenan while watching some Shark Tank. Year 27 is off to a great start!

1 comment:

Mallory said...

Your matchy matchyness is SO cute with EV! I didn't know you were a D.C. girl?! haha It's a nice little all about Beth time eh?...That looks so relaxing just reading on the beach. I would love that---what a dream you're living Beth!