I did it:
13.1 miles, baby!
I ran the Hobbler Half yesterday morning. It was AWESOME! I ran with my good friends Katharine and Alisha. We were the 'pink team' and got plenty of shout-outs.
Things I learned:
-don't try to drink from a cup WHILE running. You actually have to stop running to drink, or else it goes up your nose and all over your shirt.
-Goo is disgusting. Who wants to eat thick chocolate icing stuff at mile 8?
-A person really CAN run 13.1 miles on only 3 hours of sleep
-Be prepared for sore legs the next morning. It's SO painful getting out of bed the morning after!
The best part: seeing my boys cheer me on with surprise t-shirts Brenan *designed* (via red sharpie) for the event. This is the moment I spotted them at mile 10 with the shirts (hence the hands over the mouth). Tender, sweet moment.
Party at the finish line. Pretty sure McKay ate like 5 half-bananas. At least we got our money's worth.
Mom?? Are you okay??
It was fantastic, and totally worth the effort. Half marathon, anyone? I'm ready for more!
11 comments:
We are so proud of you!!! That really is an accomplishment. LOVE the boys shirts! That would spur you on to a great finish!
wow, congrats beth! That is great....I was wondering when you were going to post again!
Holy Cow Beth!!! That is amazing! Good for you. You are an inspiration! The shirts were a nice touch!
That is so amazing Beth! I only dream of running a half marathon. I love the t-shirts! I had a similar experience with my boys who made a poster when I ran a 5k a few months ago. :) It is so wonderful to see them!
Way to be Buff :) So proud of you! Why were you running on 3 hours of sleep?! That's just crazy! And way to be creative Brenan! What a sweet surprise.
WOW!!! You are amazing Beth!! Good work! I am sure you feel like you can do anything now!!! I am totally in awe of you!! Congratulations! I love the shirts that Brenan made for McKay and himself! So cute!
Congratulations, Beth! That is a great accomplishment.
GO BETH!! I love all the pictures of you. You are inspiring. You'll have to give me some tips on how to start running, I'm not very good at it! Glad it went well and you had fun!
Go Beth Go! Congrats sweetie. You inspire me!
You are my hero buff. Way to go!
Congratulations! That's amazing! I hate running, so that is so impressive to me!!!! I love the shirts Brenan made! He's so creative!
Post a Comment