Brenan and I are "play arguing" about something silly while I was folding laundry in the living room. McKay overheard Brenan say "No" to me. McKay runs over to my side and says "don't say no to Mommy! Don't say no to my friend, Mommy." He's got my back.
We've started a new tradition in 2012.. Waffle Wednesday. Santa brought the Klains a belgian waffle maker. It has been on our wishlist for years and we finally got it! So, we eat waffles together for lunch every Wednesday (anyone is invited to join us!). McKay calls it "Awful Wednesday." The other day we were in the car, and McKay says (randomly) "I LOVE awful Wednesday!"
Brenan had finished work one day and was sitting next to McKay at the counter in the kitchen. McKay puts his hand up and pats Brenan's back while asking, "How's work going, Daddy? How's work going?"
I wrote this conversation word for word on our white board so I wouldn't forget it. McKay and I are in the kitchen and Brenan had just brought home a bunch of fruit in a basket from this co-op we buy food from sometimes. It was up on the counter and McKay can see some oranges.
McKay: "Is that fruit?"
Me: "Yep."
McKay: "That's pretty cool fruit! I got some fruit for Christmas when I was just a little kid... (pause)..... I was a little kid."
(McKay talks about Christmas a lot even though it happened 2 months ago! And I'm not ready for him to be talking about how he 'used to be' a little kid!)
A few weeks ago I was holding a rosette for a headband in my hand. McKay sees it and says "That's cute mommy! That's cute.... and Evalyn's cute!" Yes, we talk about Evalyn's cuteness a lot, so he now associates cuteness with Evalyn-ness.
2 comments:
When the kids are better, can Mila and I come over for Waffle Wednesday? We love belgium waffles and I can bring homemade whip cream and strawberry jam...our favorite topping on waffles :)
McKay cracks me up silly boy! Waffle Wednesdays sounds fun, we do pizza fridays. I love homemade pizza! I love the Valentines day picture, your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment