So, since V-day is just around the corner, I bought some conversation hearts. McKay loves them. He keeps them in his pocket (among other things) and pulls them out randomly through the day to look at them.. then places them back in his pocket. One day last week, McKay had this little button and this particular heart in his pocket. He was calling them his "special things." Before bed, he had to have his "special things" on his bedside table. He immediately put them in his pocket the next day. So funny.
Cosmo must be a really soft stuffed animal to fake her out for her blankie.. (inserted thumb).
skater boy/captain hook.
Along that same 'captain hook' line, McKay and I were pirates on Thursday. Oh yes, he wore that patch ALL DAY and if I ever took mine off (it was driving me crazy! So grateful for two eyes) he'd ask me where it was and insist I put it back on. I pick my battles with him, so I wore it all day, too. Oh, and since we were saying "Arghh, me matee," McKay calls the patch the "Arghh thing." We sailed around the living room in our laundry basket "ship", dug for buried treasure (aka more conversation hearts - straight to the pocket again), and helped the volcano erupt (clean laundry all over the floor). Then we decided to make our own volcano -- our first SCIENCE EXPERIMENT! woohoo! See, all of that college is paying off! Oh wait, I had to Youtube it to find out how to do it! So much for being a former scientist.
2 comments:
You are so creative Beth! I'm glad you are finding things to do inside until these kiddos get better!
You are the best mom ever!
Post a Comment