Saturday, October 15, 2011

Some more McKay-isms.

-McKay to me: "You remember me?"

-After a nap, I asked McKay if I could change his bum. He said, "Change my bum later.. change my bum on Saturday." That would be disastrous.

-McKay to Daddy while Daddy was showing him church history pictures in the Book of Mormon.
"Oh! My goodness! What's that?!"

-Me: "Do you want ice in your water?"
McKay: "I want apple juice... I want ice in it.. and tooties (aka cookies)."

-McKay watching me make stir-fry: "Oooh vegetables.. that's pretty awesome."

-Sitting at the breakfast table.. enjoying cinnamon toast with Daddy "It's a beautiful day, Daddy."

-Me: "McKay, should we go to BYU today?"
McKay: "Ya! BYU is perfect!"
Later that day:
Me: "Can you throw that (trash) in the garbage? It's by the toilet."
McKay: "Oh! The toilet... the toilet is perfect!"

-McKay: "Thank you for mommys, and daddys, and cockadooledoos... (no response from me)... I'm a silly boy... I'm a happy boy."

-McKay to Daddy while McKay was taking a tub: "Your hair is brutal? You need a haircut!" We do talk a lot about Daddy's brutal hair, and how he needs a haircut desperately.

-McKay looking at a picture of Brenan jumping in a river off a bridge: "Twinkle toes.. tinkerbell... jingle all the way." Quite the thought process.

-McKay will often (at least once a day for 10 min or so) head downstairs to 'go to work' with Dad. At one point while he was down there, Brenan got off his chair to grab something. McKay hopped up on Brenan's work chair at his desk, grabbed his computer mouse and said to Brenan when he walked back over to him: "I wanna work." Then, pointing to his toys on the floor he said, "You go play with toys!"

4 comments:

Babu and Shosho said...

We have laughed ourselves silly reading these. You could write a book with this stuff. It's solid! What a classy kid!! Move home!!

Rach Williams said...

what a darling little boy! i scrolled down a little and thought 'why is brennan holding dillon?' hahaha. holy wow, mckay looks so much like uncle dillon!

Micah said...

hahah, I love that he said twinkle toes tinkerbell. So funny

Anonymous said...

I love your stories! Thanks for sharing!