Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Yago man.


9/13/2011
While changing McKay's diaper, I noticed he was getting a bit of a diaper rash. So, I pull out the Desitin and McKay says, "Look Mom! Toothpaste for my bum!"

Heading downstairs with McKay to organize garage sale stuff, he stops at the top of the stairs and says, "I want to bring another toy, Mom. (to play with in the basement).... I will come back soon!"

When he woke up from his nap, I found him sitting on the end of his big boy bed with a furrowed brow (aka the Brenan brow). He says, "I feel sad.. I feel sad on my big boy bed." And then he starts laughing.

9/16/2011
I peek into McKay's room since he's been in there for over 2 hours (to see if he was still napping). I see him like this: shirtless, 'Fox in Sox' tucked under one harm, holding his blue blankie while sucking his right thumb, behind the blinds watching the rain. He even stayed there long enough for me to run downstairs and grab the camera. After I snapped this pic, he fought his way out of the blinds to tell me "I'm just watching the rain, Mom. Just watching the rain."

(yes, in desperate need of a haircut)




3 comments:

Babu and Shosho said...

The first one of McKay looking out the window could win an award...maybe for Levi's or something! Loved this post! And I loved seeing Ev's boots on her! Cutie pie!

Micah said...

haha McKay just makes me laugh.

Kay said...

Beth he is so grown up now! He is hilarious I love all his quotes that you do especially the toothpaste for his bum, made me laugh so hard...you sure have a cute little family, wish we could see you guys more often!