Sunday, September 25, 2011

more of the Yago.

Brenan and I were just talking about a business that was 'not for profit.' McKay was listening at the table while eating his breakfast. Pretty soon he calls out 'follow the prophet!'

While listening to a musical number in church sung by 3 women, McKay points to the pulpit and asks me, "Who's that little boy?" Everyone is a 'little boy.'

One morning last week I walked into McKay's room since he was awake to bring him down for breakfast (I think he's scared of leaving his room on his own - and I'm not complaining about it!) When I walked in, he was sitting on his big boy bed with his blue blankie. I said "Mr. Miyagi!" and he responded "Snowboard!"

Lately when we call McKay by his name or any nickname we have for him he responds, "I'm not McKay! I'm Brenan Klain for the ward!" Explanation is that Brenan has to make a lot of phone calls for his calling and he always says, "Hi, this is Brenan Klain from the ward." Apparently McKay picked up on that one. Ha.

At cousin Nixon's baby blessing, Brenan was sitting with McKay and pointing to all the women (aunties, Grandma, Mommy) and asking, "Who's that special lady?" to which McKay would respond with the right name. A few minutes later McKay pointed to my sister-in-law's mother in law (if that makes sense) who McKay doesn't know very well and asked, "Who's that special lady?!"