Monday, February 16, 2009

Some more favorites from Taiwan...

So before I could move on with life, I had to post just a couple more pics from Taiwan -- We really saw so many amazing places! If you notice in this first one, it is a statue of a big man holding a little man upside down, by his neck. These next few pictures are from a Lotus Pond, a Confucious temple.




This next couple are from a Buddhist temple, called Fo Guang Shan (mountain).

I liked this little guy.
A meditation room at the buddhist temple. This is a chanting meditation room.




Fresh canteloupe, right off the farm. SOO DELICIOUS!

A cute couple from Chao Zhou, who took us to the buddhist temple and then to their friends' farm for fresh fruit.
We were lucky to catch a parade and see the incredible costumes! THese guys below are warriors.

At a baptism in Chao Zhou. These members were so cute and all LOVED seeing Brenan. They were very sweet and had lots of energy. The popular argument that night was whether I was having a boy or a girl. Apparenly, I am supposed to be having a girl becuase my stomach is round, not pointed, like it should be. I guess their theory didn't work this time! I felt very close to them by the end of the night as they all took turns staring at, poking and rubbing my belly. :)




Kenting! This place was gorgeous! It is the southern tip of the island, and we loved our stay here. We spent some good time on the beach, which was so clean and empty and in the water which was warmer than California's coast ever gets. The night market in this little town was also a blast.
Showing off for the locals :) Sorry Patti, we really are looking for new swimming trunks for him!

On our little balcony in our hotel room. It was so fun to sit out here and eat fresh pineapple! Very relaxing!


We went on a little hike in a national forest right beside Kenting. There were a lot of cool sites to see -- caves with stalactites/stalagmites, banyon trees, old coral, etc.


In Taipei with Brenan's good friend, Paul Gao. He took us all around Taipei - this picture is at the Jian Kai Shek memorial.

We had such a great time in Taiwan and we would go back any time, if given the chance!

1 comment:

Micah said...

THanks for more pics of your trip. It must be hard to narrow it down - you probably have so many!!!