Tuesday, November 29, 2011

more of Mr. McKay (it's about time!)

McKay and I are sitting at my parents' kitchen table. He sneezes, twice. I was spacing out and didn't acknowledge his sneezes.
McKay: "Can you say "Bless you?"'
Me (laughing): "Bless you!"
McKay: (giggles) "Thanks!"

McKay was fussing about something and won't coherently tell me what was wrong. I asked, "What's your issue?" He responded, "I have a issue, ya!"

Me: "Do you want me to scamble you an egg for breakfast?"
McKay: "No."
Me: "Do you want cereal?"
McKay: "No..... I want roast beef."

McKay: "Are you going to time out, Babu?"

McKay hands me cookie a cutter and says, "Sorry Mommy, we have to make cookies."

McKay takes a drink of water from Papa and Nama's water cooler and says, "That's tremendous!"

McKay: "Uncle Buckskin, you're great!" (Uncle Buckskin = Justin Schow)

McKay is cuddled up close to Brenan on the floor after a game of mini-stick hockey.
Me: "McKay, do you love your daddy?"
McKay looks up at me and nods.
Me: "He's a pretty cool cat."
McKay: "He's a pretty cool BOBcat!"

1 comment:

Babu and Shosho said...

So fun to read more of these McKayisms. He is so full of them, and it was so fun to hear them first hand while you were here before Christmas! Thanks for sharing your children with us on your blog. I love seeing them! Miss you McKay!